Encrypted and signed email
Secure digital communication both internally and externally. Raise the security of sensitive emails to the level of traditional registered post.
Commfides Encrypted email uses PDF encryption to encrypt the entire email to a PDF file. The email is opened with the help of a password that is sent automatically to the recipient by SMS. Alternatively, the password can be retrieved via an online password portal. Commfides encrypted e-mail has certificate encryption capability (S/MIME), for businesses that need security level 4 encryption.
All outgoing e-mail can be automatically signed on behalf of the business, or customized as needed, for example, for any departments or employees. The value of a signed e-mail is that the recipient can know who sent the e-mail and that the content has not been changed during transmission. Sender shows its stakeholders that they are communicating with those seriously, as signed emails eliminate the risk of phishing or fraud attempts.
The encryption of an email can be done entirely automatically to specified email addresses or domains. Configure those email addresses that shall have content encrypted by default and ensure that security is always taken care of.
DATA LEAK PREVENTION
Ensures that sensitive information such as social security number is not sent openly by accident. The system automatically scans the contents of the emails, such as 11-digit numbers, and quarantines them.
Automatically sign the e-mail at corporate or personal level
Special features for S/MIME certificates, customized and predetermined text content and manual encryption trigger
WHY ENCRYPTED EMAIL?
When an email is sent unencrypted, it is completely open through multiple servers and networks where content can be read and changed by unauthorized users. This means that unprotected email is not a good option for sending sensitive information. The option is often to send documents registered or by delivery, but this is both cumbersome and costly.
Commfides Encrypted Email is an easy security feature for many reasons:
– Reduces costs and streamlines workflow
– Minor involvement for sender and recipient
– Ensures that the business complies with legislations
– Ensures that content in emails does not change
– Protects by sending by mistake and stops emails with sensitive information
– Creates trust
Encrypted e-mail can be an appropriate product for those who want to increase security around sending email. We have had several customers in the field of rehabilitation who appreciated this.
We are seeing a greater potential with this product.
Runar Arvesen, Managing Director Lidvard Arvesen
Default setup by Commfides encrypted and signed email:
- PDF Encryption
- Password sent by SMS
- Standard “trigger” in subject field (* q or * Q or * encrypt)
- Standard SMS text
- Default email setup with customer name and address updated in signature field
- S/MIME Encryption with Email Certificates or Qualified Level 4 Certificates
- OTP (One Time Password) in Password Portal
- Optional “trigger”
- Custom text content in SMS and emails
- DLP (Data Leak Prevention) – stops sensitive emails from being sent unencrypted
- Automatic encryption to specified domains / addresses / people