Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Start the Exchange Management Console by going to Start> Programs> Microsoft Exchange 2010> Exchange Management Console.
- Click Manage Databases.
- Select Server Configuration in the left menu and then New Exchange Certificate from the action menu on the right side.
- When asked for a friendly name, you are free to choose anything. This is not used in the CSR itself, but used by Windows to identify / separate on CSRs / certificates.
- Under Domain Scope, check the box to generate wildcard CSR. Otherwise, just move on. NB Some systems may have problems with Wildcard (*) for Exchange / Federation. If you choose Wildcard, you can go straight to step 8.
- In the Exchange Configuration menu, select the services / services to be secured with TLS / certificate, and enter the name of the services to be covered.
- On the next page, Exchange lists all the names it proposes to be included in the CSR. Review the names and add any additional names on this point.
- Your organization should be your full legal name as stated in the Brønnøysund Register.
- In the next step, choose where you want to save the CSR file. This is saved as a .req file that can be opened in most text editors such as Notepad, Wordpad, Vi, etc.
Use this CSR file when you order the certificate.